Preparation Time: 20min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
- 1 red pepper, chopped.
- 1/2 red onion, chopped.
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds.
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder.
- 2 teaspoons cumin.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt.
- 1 14-ounce can black beans.
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped.
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats or oat bran.
- 2 cups arugula, mixed greens, or butter lettuce1 avocado, sliced.
- 1/2 cucumber sliced.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Also, grab a large mixing bowl and your food processor.
- Add the red pepper and onion to the food processor, and pulse until minced. Pour into the large mixing bowl.
- Add the Brazil nuts, hemp seeds, garlic cloves, chilli powder, cumin, and sea salt to the food processor, and blend until it has combined into a grainy mixture. Pour into the mixing bowl with the onion and pepper.
- Add the beans and cilantro to the processor, and blend until almost smooth. Pour into the mixing bowl.
- Pour your oats into the mixing bowl with the other ingredients and stir well to combine. The oats will expand and help hold the burgers together.
- Form into tight palm-sized patties, and place each onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a spatula to flip each burger. Continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with ciabatta, avocado, cucumber, and arugula.