- 2 cups basil leaves
- ½ cup hemp nubs/ hearts
- Optional, for heat: 1 medium red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, combine everything but the olive oil (basil leaves, hemp nubs/hearts, optional chilis, garlic and salt). Process until the ingredients are very finely chopped, pausing to scrape down the bowl if necessary.
- While running the machine, drizzle in the olive oil. Continue processing until the mixture is well combined and almost creamy in texture.
- Use immediately or store in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. This sauce will turn a bit darker on top during storage, but it’s perfectly edible